Synesthesia creates mobile applications integrated with Augmented reality on iOS and Android.
Augmented Reality (AR) allows the overlay of images, 3D objects, animations and other digitally generated content over real objects. In mobile applications, augmented reality normally uses the smartphone’s camera to augment a real-life scene with digital content.
The target content can be any image or focal point defined in a GPS map’s co-ordinates.
It’s possible to overlay different objects to the target appearing in the camera.
- 3D objects
It’s also possible to add interaction with the objects visualised in the scene, for example managing virtual buttons, interactive objects and links to information pages.
Some examples of augmented reality:
- Museums or exhibitions: show visitors additional or otherwise non-visible content
- Childrens books come to life creating a new way of telling stories.
- Scientific textbooks with 3D visualisation
- Interactive instruction books and manuals
- Step-by-step assembly and repair instructions
- Augmented reality tutorials, with AR directly applied to the product
- Virtual pets
- Sport and simulation
Media Marketing, Advertising & Promotion
- Product catalogues with interactive, involving, fun content
- Printed advertising on magazines and periodicals: it comes to life and provides additional content
- Posters or billboards with 3D video and interactive content
- Customised and improved products
- Extended involvement with behind-the-scenes information for readers
- Treasure hunt, e.g. through the pages of a magazine
- Product information
- Special promotions and updates
- Coupon redemption
Travel and tourism
- Experiences revealing hidden surprises
- Augmented reality in scenic spots
- Past and future architecture
- Scenic spots visualised through augmented reality, as an alternative or integrated with a map